Why wait until the future to start shaping it? Help determine the financial outcome you hope for your child with an account that caters to your child today. Begin teaching your child the lifelong habit of saving with a Destinations Credit Union account. Your young saver receives all the benefits of any other savings account — dividends, deposit and withdrawal capabilities, online access, and more.
- Looney Toons
- Savings option for children ages 7 and younger
- Competitive dividends on entire balance
- No monthly service fee
- Established in child's name with an adult as a joint owner or parent or legal guardian as custodian*
- Make deposits at any time or set up recurring deposits with payroll deduction
- Set your child up for success by establishing the habit of saving early
- Includes fun money-saving resources such as a Looney Toons Quarter Saver - every time it's filled they're ready for a new deposit
- Free online banking
- Free eStatements
- Only a $5 deposit to open the account
*You will need a birth certificate and social security card for the minor in order to open the account.
- Education Head Start
Waiting for the future to prepare for the future is too late. Start building the foundation for financial success today with the help of Destinations Credit Union.
Parents, check out our convenient resources, including our articles on "Raising Money-Savvy Kids" and "Teaching Your Child About Money." Even download a coloring page or download an interactive activity book to further promote the benefits of good savings habits.
Building the foundation for a successful financial future starts today. Help your kids grow up savvy.
Benefits of Saving Young
The earlier you start saving, the better your standard of living will be in the future.
The chart below shows the difference in total amount saved by starting your child at birth, at 5 years old, and at 10 years old. The chart assumes a 2.5% Annual Percentage Yield (roughly the current rate offered for our longer term certificates at present).