Assists members with financial transactions, to include receiving and paying out cash and other negotiable instruments
Full-time position, some Saturdays will be required.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments; sells money orders, sells movie tickets to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Verifies and posts transactions to member accounts and maintains member and Credit Union records.
- Greets members and provides routine information concerning services, and directs members to appropriate departments for specific information and service.
- Cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including scanning, copying, data input, and answering the telephone.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Provide friendly, professional, personal, and confidential service to all members and associates.
- Balance cash drawer daily.
- Accurately post transactions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly, and accurate manner.
- Proactively seek opportunities to identify appropriate products and services for the greater benefit of the member.
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Six months of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: General office equipment such as calculators, computers, photocopiers, and scanners. Includes the ability to operate a cash counting machine. Basic knowledge of established teller procedures and policies. Understanding of Credit Union operations. Maintains confidentiality related to Credit Union operations and work-related information.
Physical Requirements: Be able to lift or move 10 pounds
Qualified applicants can send their resume to [email protected]