Earning Your Cash Rewards is Simple
Qualifying for your Kasasa Cash rewards automatically qualifies you for the highest Kasasa Saver rate, too. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements
- Be enrolled and log into online banking
If you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry. There's no penalty and both accounts are still free and earn our base dividend rate. Plus, you can get back to earning the full rewards the very next month.
What Is a High Yield Savings Account?
Unlike a traditional savings account, high yield savings accounts can earn a higher interest rate for deposits and are also referred to as high interest savings accounts. By linking to your free Kasasa Cash® checking account, your earnings are automatically transferred to save you more money and time. Instances where a high interest savings account might be useful include saving up for a future experience, putting money away for an emergency fund or if you are trying to get closer to your financial goals through savings. Let your money earn more for you while still having access to your savings account.
3 Differences Between Kasasa Saver vs. Share Savings Account
Destinations Credit Union offers multiple ways to help you save, including the Kasasa Saver and Shared Savings Account. Here are a few ways in which each option differs.
- Share Savings Account is more than just an account. This option gives you access to a membership with many educational benefits and resources for your financial planning.
- Kasasa Saver is a high interest savings account, meaning that our rates are better than average and offer more benefit to our members.
- The Shared Savings Account requires a $5 minimum to open an account and maintain membership, while the Kasasa Saver does not require a minimum deposit to open.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 11/01/2020. Rates may change after account is opened. The Kasasa Saver Account qualifies for the reward interest rate if the associated Kasasa Cash Checking account meets the qualifications in that qualification cycle. If qualifications in Kasasa Cash are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 in Kasasa Saver receive an APY of 0.50%; and (2) balances over $10,000 in Kasasa Saver earn 0.25% dividend rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in 0.27% - 0.50% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on Kasasa Cash, all balances in Kasasa Saver earn 0.05% APY.