Encouraging Responsible Borrowing
We are committed to helping people invest in higher education. That is why we have partnered with the educational institutions and lenders below. We encourage students and families to explore all of your options, and to consider the anticipated monthly payments on their total student loan debt and their expected future earnings before considering a private education loan.
- Smart Option Student Loan®
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Destinations Credit Union by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
• Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, providing even more flexibility
• No origination fee and no prepayment penalty
• Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
• Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
• Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify
• 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
To learn more, please get started here.
- Sheffield Tuition Loans
Working together to help you fulfill your dreams!
Destinations Credit Union proudly serves employees, students and family members of The Sheffield Institute for the Recording Arts. Destinations works hand in hand with Sheffield to provide you with qualified financing options for your tuition and finding ways to pay for your Sheffield education.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, the loan rates at Destinations Credit Union are generally lower than they are at for-profit banks. As an incoming student at Sheffield, you qualify for membership in Destinations Credit Union. Once you belong to the Credit Union, you are eligible to take advantage of any of our low-cost financial services, including loans for qualified borrowers. If you do not have the credit history or income to enable you to apply for credit on your own, your family members can co-sign the loan to help with your education.
- Options to secure the loan with property (home, lien-free vehicle or savings) or apply for unsecured credit
- Interest only or interest plus minimum principal payment during the duration of program plus 6 months
- Co-signer may be released after student demonstrates ability to pay and 12 consecutive on-time payments