The unfortunate thing about credit is that it can be hard to build, but very easy to damage — that, and it's an ongoing, moving target. If you've fallen below your desired credit, no need to despair! A Second Chance Mastercard® credit card from Destinations Credit Union can help get you back on track.
Second Chance Credit Card
- Rebuild your credit while also building your financial knowledge
- Free credit counseling required, offered through Operation HOPE Inside, including:
- Review of your credit report
- Counseling on various ways to improve your credit rating
- $200 credit limit to start, with increasing limits as you build your credit
- Competitively low rates with potential to lower as your build your credit
- Based on your actual credit score at the time of application
- No annual fee
- 25-day grace period on purchases
- No balance transfer fees — consolidate higher-rate balances
- Make purchases online or in-store virtually anytime, anywhere
- Meet financial needs immediately as they arise
- Easily access and track transactions online via online banking
- Turn your credit card card on or off, or set notifications when your card is used with our card controls
- Easily replaced if lost or stolen
For full disclosures, please click on "Mastercard Disclosures" below.
Current Cardholders: For a copy of your full Mastercard® agreement, please call 410-663-2500 or e-mail [email protected] to request a copy.
Extra Protection for Online Shopping
Your Mastercard® Credit Card is protected by eGuard. eGuard is a sophisticated fraud model and you are automatically enrolled. If there is a transaction that is deemed suspicious, you will receive a text message from short code 732-873. You will authenticate the transaction via text message.
If there are no phone numbers on file, then eGuard will present Knowledge Based Questions for you to answer during the checkout process. Example Knowledge Based Questions are Mother’s Maiden Name, Date Of Birth, and Zip Code.
Need to activate your card?
Simply dial 1-800-543-5073 from your home telephone 24/7. You will be asked for the card number and the last four digits of your social security number.
*Interest rates subject to change without notice.
Click on the "Apply Now" button to see the full disclosure.